Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fear

When I was twelve my fears were concealed in my attitude. I would tell my friends and family I wasn’t scared of anything and let my dare devil show. Looking at the deeper side of it, I’d say that out of anything I was most scared of being alone, without friends, without family, without anything. In the novel, the young boys get stranded on a deserted island with no where to go and no possible way to get rescued. The boys don’t have their parents to rescue them, and that was my biggest fear. 

3 comments:

  1. Being alone can be an extremely scary concept in and of itself. The solitude the boys find themselves in could be one of many sources of their fear. Thanks for sharing this Dayna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I agree being alone is scary and depressing it would definetly suck to be stuck on an island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya thats probably a fear most people can relate to!

    ReplyDelete